Wednesday, May 9, 2007

#1 old house repair rule

Don't assume that an quick and easy project will ever be quick or easy.

Case in point:
The drain in our old cast iron Kohler sink was getting really slow, so i figured it was time to clean it out. Pretty easy huh? Well that was my thought anyway.

As I was taking the drain pipe apart, the trap tore it's self apart. So i took the sink of the wall and completely cleaned out the drain and sink parts. Erin will be running to the store to get a new trap. I would but I'm on call and leaving the house would guarantee that I would receive a page.

1 comment:

Perry Degener said...

You guys are courageous--you just went right ahead with the project. Traps are fairly easy to fix--but I say that because my wife is the one who troubleshoots what needs to be done.