Sunday, September 9, 2007

Bathroom and Plumbing update

Surprisingly we've made a good amount of progress in the last month or two. Here is a picture of the kitchen ceiling after the plumbers got done with it they replaced all of the galvanized piping plus the drainpipe for the upstairs bathroom. The main drainpipe is in good condition so it will be staying in place.


We've also made some good strides in the bathroom . I got all of the woodwork shellacked and we got the paint on the night before we left for camping. The bathroom is pretty close to finished we need to finish up the ceiling, get the drawers and cabinet doors for the built in stripped and shellacked, paint touch ups, grouting of the replacment tile and faucet installation. The door also needs to be stripped and stained but that is most likely a ways off as I want to minimize the amount of time we have no bathroom door.


Here is a little closer up picture of the trim. The shellac was a bit hard to work with it dried almost too fast I was trying to apply using a cloth but I plan on doing some experimentation with various brushing techniques before I do it again. Fortunately when I applied the poly it evened out things a bit.


I'm really happy with the color we chose for the walls I think it complements the trim and tile well. Before everything in this room just kind of blended together now I really like it.

Here is the ceiling in progress


I realize that a drop ceiling isn't the most attractive thing in the world but we are planning on replacing the vanity with a pedestal and replacing the tub in the next couple years and will most likely need to get back to the electrical at that time so we didn't want to spend a lot of time with drywall.

Will post more tomorrow including pictures of the new windows and pictures of the back hall electrical aftermath.

No comments: