Monday, April 14, 2008

Cabinets, Part 2

It is now day 2 of the cabinet install. Looks like it's going to be a couple of hours again tomorrow. Although I wish that it were done it is somewhat gratifying to know that we're not the only ones that have trouble beating the old girl into submission.

Here are todays install shots. The rest of the base cabinets are installed, the counter top base is in, and the hood is installed. Troy also installed the knobs for us. True this is something we could have done ourselves but at this point we can use all the help we can get.

The sink was also installed today. The sink has always been an interesting design challenge. You see our sink is right next to the refrigerator which is less than ideal to begin with and then when you work in the semi custom realm of cabinets things don't always work out perfect so we had to choose would the sink be centered on the the cabinet or would it be centered on the window. We went for the window. Right now I'm having a little bit of self doubt about choosing the window but I am relatively confident that when the faucet is installed it will all come together.

I'm also going to have to work out some things as far as the tile. The sink ended up being a lot larger than I thought it would be leaving only a small area to tile to the left of the sink and on the front edge. I'm hoping that if I draw it up I'll be able to work out all of the kinks.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Looking good! I love the color of the cabinets.