Wednesday, July 4, 2007

An ugly Victory but a Victory none the less

Today I completed the wiring for the bathroom. So far I'm pretty proud of myself but we haven't turned the power on yet so that my confidence may be premature. The outlet gave me the most trouble I was too impatient to wait for my fish stix to come in so I borrowed the fiberglass fishtape from work. I prefer the fiberglass it's so much lighter and it wraps into the spool a lot easier than the metal variety. Here is the damage


The three large holes were previous patches I pulled out. It looks pretty bad right now but as soon as we confirm that the electrical works ok we'll begin the patching. Here are a couple more shots of my handiwork.
I was also rather ambitious and bought some paint for the walls and for the cheap trim


The built in and the door frame is the same pine as the kitchen but the vanity is in pretty lousy shape and is made of a chinsey particle board so I had them match the paint to my trim sample.

Some paint and some new knobs and I think this vanity will look good enough to get us through the next couple of years. We'd eventually like to replace this vanity with a pedestal sink but it isn't in the budget or the schedule right now.

1 comment:

miszy16 said...

The place look great. You guys are doing a great job. I love all the colors and trim you picked out. I think you made a huge victory. I would have probably had to go to the ER with some type of injury. How is the garden?
Hope you had a great 4th.