Sunday, June 24, 2007

Fighting with fishtapes

I did not make todays goal but I did have some progress I mounted the box for the ceiling light and ran wire to it and ran wire across the room to the outlet. Didn't get the outlet wire down to the box the fishtape and I had a falling out.


As I was attempting to let out more tape the tape began forming a loop outside of it's plastic enclosure. I was pretty exhausted and hot at this point and was not thinking clearly so I decided the best way to get it back in was to open the plastic enclosure and take out all of the tape and I could put it back in there properly. Turns out not such a good plan. We are strongly leaning towards just tossing the current tape out... it's so long I don't know how we'll ever get it untangled and back into the enclosure.

In the meantime I ordered these

Actually I ordered the slightly longer glow in the dark version but close enough I'm thinking these will be easier for me to handle. The tape was so large and unruly.

Tomorrow I will be taking a vacation from wiring to catch up on laundry and regain my sanity

No comments: