Monday, April 2, 2007

Week 5 - Kitchen / Stair Remodel

Not much progress to report from this weekend. Chris did however finish up the removal of the little bit of wallpaper left on the stair ceiling I spent Friday night and most of the day Saturday working on my day job. We had a virus outbreak which hit a good portion of the servers and workstations. The silver that my boss is pretty good about comp time so I'll have two half days later this week to work on the house or at least relax. I started cleaning up the walls in the stairway on Saturday between virus scans and finished cleaning up the right hand side wall (give or take a few inches at the top) tonight.

Here is the finished wall vs.

The unfinished wall

I'd like to get paint on the walls this weekend however I'd settle for finishing up the cleanup and getting all the patching done.

The trim could really use a refinishing, the previous owners didn't believe in painters tape, and apparently lacked a steady hand so there is random paint slapped everywhere, however the project scope is already so big I think we're going to live with it for awhile and maybe I'll work on it this fall.

No comments: