Saturday, March 10, 2007

Kitchen/Stars Week 2, Day 2

Well we're done working for the day. Chris's mom and I made excellent progress on the kitchen floor. We have about half of the room scraped . And if my hands don't hurt too badly tomorrow I might just tackle the other half. For the easy spots we used just a 1 1/4 inch stiff putty knife while for the difficult areas we used hot soapy water along with a scrub brush and chisel. Early on in the project i tried to use paint stripper but it didn't work any better than the soapy water and was a pain in the ass to clean up to boot. During our work today we found an old patch to the floor, the perfectionist part of me wants to take up the boards and stagger them but the other part says it's an old house and it is what it is... I'm guessing things will stay as they are.

No comments: