Thursday, March 22, 2007

Stressing out once again

The stress of going to work during the day and living with the remodel is starting to get to me again. Well, it's not so much the actual remodel it's just living with the mess day in and day out. This remodel is probably one of the worst because it's impacting most of the major arteries of the house, the kitchen connects do the dining room, the stairs to upstairs, the back hall and the downstairs bathroom and since you don't want to be constantly shoving tools around the dining room has become our tool room. Some days I wish we could just live somewhere else and just come here to work, although I'm sure that has it's own challenges. So here is what I've been doing this week.

Monday night I scraped off the Citristrip after letting it sit for about 24 hours, it made a pretty good dent in the paint but I did have to apply a second time I think maybe if I glopped it on a bit thicker I would get better results, after a good scrubbing and a patch for the old outlet this piece of floor will be ready to be sanded.



I was also able to remove the rest of the vinyl on the back stairs and got a stair and a half de-fuzzed. It's much harder to work on the treads than it was to work on the rest of the floor the pine is not nearly as forgiving as the maple in the kitchen. I'm hoping I can finish up the rest of the treads tonight and get another thing checked off of the list.


Sounds like my parents or at least my dad will be up this weekend to help us out again. Our kitchen ceiling has some somewhat interesting carpentry that he and Chris may be figuring out.

No comments: