Saturday, June 23, 2007

The best layed plans

Last year as we were trying to balance both the office and the bedroom project we made a promise to each other that from now on we would work on one room at a time finish that room and move onto the next. As my dad and I tore out the bathroom ceiling Friday I thought of this and laughed. Sometimes it seems the house has other plans for us.

Friday we got the drop ceiling down, the plaster ceiling down, and the plaster off of the wall containing the plumbing runs to the upstairs and then hauled 268 lbs of plaster to the dump. We also got the bathroom and kitchen cleaned up hoping that a clean work area will make Chris and I more productive in the future.

Today, with the ceiling down it was time to start on the electrical. Poor Chris has been on a call for work ongoing since Friday so I've been pretty much been a one woman show. I've never done any electrical before, ideally it would have been nice to start on a nice easy room like a bedroom but what would be the fun in that :)

Prior to embarking on my own wiring project I was a bit hard on poor Chris. I'm dirty, exhausted, and about 100 bucks poorer and all I have to show for it is a larger hole in the wall and a solitary run of romex from the basement to that hole. Tomorrow I'm hoping to pick up the pace a bit and wire up the new fan plus the vanity and ceiling lights. Much to my dismay I will be putting the old fixtures back up I was hoping to find reasonably priced replacement fixtures but alas everything was too expensive or too ugly.

Hopefully tomorrow night I'll have a fully wired up bathroom.

No comments: